Workations at Utopia Farmstay
Have you been longing to get out of the city, but aren’t sure of the precautions a hotel might take during this pandemic? Are you looking for a workspace which takes you away from the claustrophobic city rigmarole? Look no further. We bring to you our workation packages. Bring your bag & baggage as we merge the comforts of your home, with the convenience of your office.
We’ve spent the past few months charting out a plan on how we can continue hosting guests in this “new normal”. From safety precautions to adapting to new digital lives, we’ve put together a list of practises that we believe will help us tide through these times.
Adapting to the new normal...
In the good old days, we didn’t have televisions or Wi-Fi on our property. Because guests weren’t cooped up in their rooms watching Netflix, they were able to look away from the screens & really interact with each other! People would come as strangers and leave as friends. It was this sense of community that made us truly love what we were doing!
Unfortunately, we understand that in these times, the internet has been our only saving grace. Which is why, we’re equipping ourselves with dongles. Every room will be given a Jio-Fi device, with 2GB of data per day. Should you need more, you can always purchase booster packs online. While one cannot expect supersonic speeds on a rural farm, we’ve had several guests who’ve managed to work remote using these devices. Should there be a power cut, we also have a generator back-up available.
We understand the importance of nutritious meals. While breakfast is included in your stay, we’re arranging for simple, home-cooked food for you. These meals will be prepared with utmost precautions. As an added layer of safety, you’re welcome to serve yourself & microwave the plate.
While washing your own garments is not permitted, we will be arranging for a laundry service for your clothes. Guests are requested to allow us up to 4 days to provide this service. Reason being, we’ve kept a day’s gap to let the clothes remain after they come from the laundry. This is a precautionary measure to ensure that no germs or viruses are transmitted through the laundry.
Besides this, if there are any other arrangements that you would like us to incorporate, please feel free to reach out to us. While we aren’t a luxury resort, we will do everything in our capacity to make you feel at home.
While dinning safely at restaurants may not be in our fortunes just yet, the need of the hour is to consume nourishing, home-cooked nutritious meals to boost our immunity. Keeping that in mind, all our meals are prepared with utmost care & love.
Tea & coffee is prepared freshly in the mornings at breakfast. In the evenings we serve chai. Should you wish to consume them through the day, your rooms are fitted with a tea kettle, coffee powder, tea bags, milk powder & sugar.
Breakfast includes one Indian preparation (Poha / Upma / Savory Seviyan), one egg preparation (bhurji, akuri, etc). We also have cornflakes, milk & toast served daily. Along with a seasonal fruit which depends on what is being harvested on the farm.
For lunch & dinner, we arrange simple, home-cooked Indian meals. These include two vegetables, dal, rice, rotis. The vegetarian preparations include wholesome pulses, assorted vegetables or some nutritious paneer. We can also arrange for chicken or mutton dishes on request. Unfortunately, as a safety precaution, we will only be serving cooked meals during this time. Bearing in mind your safety, salads or raw vegetables will not be available.
Precautions we are taking
We understand how concerned you must be on what precautions we are taking. Because we are a homestay experience, we assure you that we are doing everything in our capacity to keep both ourselves & you safe. Here is a list of precautions that we are are taking.
- Contactless bookings – All our bookings & check-in procedures will take place online. We will not be taking any cash transactions.
- Limited occupancy – While it is not a government stipulated regulation, we will only be operating at 30% occupancy. This will give guests the freedom to safely maintain distance from each other.
- Gap between bookings – As we are only operating on limited capacity, at no point in time will one room have back to back occupancy. Each room will be kept vacant for a minimum period of fifteen days prior to the next check-in.
- Ventilation & Plumbing – There is growing evidence that the virus can transmit through centralised air-conditioning or plumbing. Unlike most large hotels, all our units have their own independent plumbing & air-conditioning which prevents the spread of any viruses.
- Social Distancing – An open air farm stay gives us the luxury of practising social distancing without cramping anybody’s style! At no point during your stay will you come in close proximity to any of our staff. As a safety, we will also not have more than three-four members from our team on the property.
- Safety – Needless to say that all our staff will be wearing masks, shields and gloves at all times. It is also obligatory for all guests to wear masks on the property.
- Thorough cleaning – All high contact places (door knobs, keys, etc) will be sanitised multiple times in a day. Rooms are also cleaned with disinfectants during the servicing.
- Staggered meal timings – The limited occupancy allows us the flexibility to host only one / two people for meals. Reducing your likelihood of coming close to anybody else.
- COVID testing – As an added precaution, all our staff will undergo fortnightly COVID tests. Should you wish to get yourself tested during your stay, we can also guide you to the relevant testing centres.
- Temperature & Oxygen checks – We will be checking temperatures (with thermal guns) & oxygen levels (with proper sanitisation) of all guests & staff on a daily basis.
- Sanitizers – The common areas will be equipped with sanitizers at all times.
- Luggage sanitizing – All luggage will be sanitized on arrival.
- UV disinfection box – We are in the process of sourcing a UV disinfection box. This can be used to disinfect all electronics, linen, plastics, small personal items, etc.
- Fumigation – We are also in the process of sourcing a fumigation device. All rooms will be fumigated before arrivals.
- Doctor on call – Should a guest want to speak or see a doctor, we can also arrange a doctor’s visit at an additional cost.
MonthlyINR 66,000 per person all-inclusive
Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
15-dayINR 37,750 per person all-inclusive
Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Monthly Package (Per person) INR 66,000
15-day Package (Per person) INR 37,750
7-day Package (Per Person) INR 17,650
Child (Monthly) INR 13,400*
Child (15-Day) INR 6,920*
Child (7-Day) INR 3,960*
Non-Vegetarian Meals INR 150
Security Deposit 20% of billing
Laundry On actuals
*Children aged 5-10 years.
Stay for Children under 5 is complimentary.
No more than 2 children per room.
**All Packages Include Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner. Non vegetarian meals available on request at an additional cost.
** Any supplemental days will be charged on pro rata basis of the base stay.
These rates do not apply in Christmas and NYE week.
Answers to all the FAQs
In these Work From Home times, we're all digital nomads. We can pick our laptops and turn any place into an office. These workation packages have been made for freelancers, founders, small business owners who
You are welcome to choose a package with or without your meals. We've kept it flexible as some guests may want to have only two meals a day instead of three. However, if you choose to have all our meals with us, it will cost you lesser.
We're arranging two internet lines. One will be a broadband line which offers speeds of up to 100 Mbps. The second would be a personal Wi-Fi dongle for each individual. Should one internet get interrupted, you're welcome to switch to another one.
Since we're only allowing a limited number of people on the property, there is plenty of space for you to work from. We are also arranging desks across various places of the property incase you'd like a corner to yourself.
Since this is a homestay experience, we assure you that we are doing everything in our capacity to ensure that you are safe. In your safety, lies our own safety as well. Please scroll up to see the list of all the precautions we are taking.
No. We are not a pet-friendly accommodation.
Do you have any other FAQ? Do reach out to us on +91 8779621583 and we can help you.